Friday, January 16, 2004

My Journey Recapped (Part 5)

I also recommitted to staying On Plan after I got home from Atlanta and realized I was starting to fall back into old habits.  Between the new focus on points and being able to consistently earn APs again, my weight is starting to drop again.  One secret I have learned is that I have to keep making mini-goals and not look at the big picture -- the final goal.  From the beginning, losing well over 100 pounds was too daunting.  But I have broken it down into either 25 pounds or 10% segments.  That is why my goal in my signature line looks so high.  Even at this point I'm not sure what my final goal is going to be, but my next 2 goals are to first reach 100 pounds, then to hit Onederland.  I know that I would like to at least be able to get into 10-12's, and I do still have a goal of being able to do at least a half marathon.  I don't know if I will be able to do the MS 150 this year, but if not this year, next year.  And I still want to go to Disney World with my sister at least one time, then go regularly with my niece and be able to enjoy it.

No comments: